Subscribe

Forum

science related jobs

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

science related jobs

Postby Dylan » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:17 am

I'm not sure if I can post this question on this site but maybe you can help me.

I am trying to find different jobs in the science field.
In my 6th grade science class we have to pick a job that is science related and write about it.
Archaeolgy is my first pick only because we learned a little about it when I was younger.
ARe there different fields?
and could you please name a couple of other science realted jobs.
thank you for your help.
Dylan
Dylan

science related jobs

Postby DWG » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:02 am

Hi Dylan,

There are a lot of science-related jobs out there, at different levels of experience.

Teaching is one example that has a range of career levels. With a science degree one could be a science teacher in high schools, graduate schools and medical schools.

Research is another possibility. A scientist can find employment as a researcher in colleges, academic medical centers and universities, or in private companies like pharmaceutical companies. Sometimes this is as the head of a laboratory, but more often this is as a technician supporting the ongoing research. If you've ever taken medicine, there's a good chance that a scientist either came up with the idea for the medicine, or tested the medicine.

In archeology, here's a good webpage that has some ideas for careers. http://www.sha.org/sha_kbro.htm

Hope this is helpful!
DWG

science related jobs

Postby DWG » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:09 am

You can also use Google with the phrases "science" and "careers" to find a bunch of webpages with this kind of information.
DWG

Return to Science Careers Forum