Subscribe

Forum

Chemist in pharmaceutical industry?

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Chemist in pharmaceutical industry?

Postby YBK » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:22 am

Now Ive managed to find pharmaceutical industry firm job, they told me first of all it will be 1 month trial.
I dont know what kind of laboratory work that i will do or learn.
But I have to know which things that I should pay attention to it in 1 month trial work period.

What are the work tasks and working environment in pharma labs?
Which things can I learn before entering to that job?
I need help from pharmaceutical industry chemists or technicians. What are the hardest part of them?

What are the lab. equipments and analyse or process tasks of pharma laboratories? Im not good at using my hands in the jobs which needs flexible in manual dexterity.

What are the work-time hours of pharma companies? They wanted lots of hospital tests before joining to that job, this means it will be more risky work aura with chemical inhalation and risky work tasks. Therefore it must be short work times in a routine laboratory days. Also it must be holiday in the weekends. Am I true or wrong?
YBK

Return to Science Careers Forum