Subscribe

Forum

Just WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE offering advice here?

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Just WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE offering advice here?

Postby Dave Jensen » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:48 pm

We've had a phenomenal start to our new forum. I just wanted to make the general request for you to help me spread the word about this service. There will be many people around you in the lab or office who have no idea that we are here.

I'm floored by the quality of the participants . . . Here are just a very few of them, and a couple of comments. THANK YOU to each and every participant here.

- Bill and Naledi, two of the best career counselors you'd ever find who know about graduate education and career opportunities in the life sciences, from UCSF, one of the best career groups in the country.

- Jim Austin has been seen on the forum. Have you read his insights on NextWave? I don't know how he finds the time to help us, but we sure appreciate it. Jim is one of the key people at the AAAS NextWave site (www.nextwave.org).

- Thanks to frequent posters such as Jim Gardner (a big pharma guy who really knows his stuff), Don H. (who has moved from consulting to the world of life sciences finance), and many others, such as Drew, Andy, Sam, K Seth, Jill and others who take the time from their busy careers to help others on a regular basis.

Please, help spread the word.

Dave Jensen, Moderator
"Failure is a bruise -- not a tattoo." -- Jon Sinclair
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Return to Science Careers Forum