Subscribe

Forum

AACR 2015 SciForum meetup?

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

AACR 2015 SciForum meetup?

Postby Dave Walker » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:53 am

Hi all,

Is anyone going to this year's AACR meeting in Philadelphia, PA? I will be there the entire time -- 18Apr through 22Apr -- and would be happy to meet up for coffee/drinks or a meal.

I'm happy to arrange an outing if there's enough interest. Let me know!

Best,
Dave
"The single factor that differentiates Nobel laureates from other scientists is training with another Nobel laureate." -- Sol Snyder
Dave Walker

Re: AACR 2015 SciForum meetup?

Postby MAP » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:51 am

Hi Dave,
I will be at AACR from Sunday. It would be good to meet-up.
MAP

Postby Dave Jensen » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:43 pm

That is a great meeting with a ton of networking opportunities. I went last year and if I wasn't on the other coast, I'd go this year as well.

Thanks Dave for bringing a new networking opportunity to the table here,

Dave Jensen, Moderator
"One of the most powerful networking practices is to provide immediate value to a new connection. This means the moment you identify a way to help someone, take action." - Lewis Howes
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Postby BMK » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:37 am

Am in Philly in the first place, so a meet up sounds good
BMK

Postby Dave Walker » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Wonderful -- keep the answers coming. I'll set something at the end of March.

You don't need to go to the conference if you are simply in the Philly area.
"The single factor that differentiates Nobel laureates from other scientists is training with another Nobel laureate." -- Sol Snyder
Dave Walker

Postby Dave Walker » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Hey all,

AACR is right around the corner! There is a small handful of folks interested so it shouldn't be hard to meet at any place with a little bit of seating.

I'm flexible, but I was thinking Monday or Tuesday lunch/coffee at DiBruno Bros in Rittenhouse Square?http://www.dibruno.com/locations/rittenhouse-square
1730 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

That would be Mon 4/20 or Tue 4/21. I would of course be happy to meet anyone separately as well, especially if you'll be at the conference and we can just chat. You can PM me for my information if you want it.
Dave Walker

Postby Dave Walker » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:42 am

Hi Everyone,

One final call for any AACR attendees or Philly SciForum members to meet up for lunch. I've finalized the day and time:

WHEN: Monday, Apr 20, 1pm
WHERE: Di Bruno Bros cafe, upstairs area
1730 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

It's a nice 16 minute walk from the conference center if the weather is good. I will be taking a cab because I will probably be running late.

If you want to meet up and share the cab, send me a message or reply below and I'll contact you. So far our crowd is small, 4 people, but that should make for a nice lunch.

One of our esteemed Forum Moderators, Dick Woodward, will be there!

Hope you can join us.

Dave
Dave Walker

Postby Dave Walker » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:09 pm

I am pleased to report that our meeting was a great success! Thanks again to those who showed up, and I hope that I might meet more of our esteemed forum goers in person more often.

On a personal note, I wanted to say that speaking with such great people from our forum recharged my networking batteries. We all have stories to tell and good advice to share. I was a lurker on this site for a long time -- maybe years. Much too long. Seeing each other in person person made me realize what this is all about.

I hope to do it again soon!
Dave Walker

Postby Dave Jensen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:53 am

Dave Walker wrote:I am pleased to report that our meeting was a great success! Thanks again to those who showed up, and I hope that I might meet more of our esteemed forum goers in person more often.

On a personal note, I wanted to say that speaking with such great people from our forum recharged my networking batteries. We all have stories to tell and good advice to share. I was a lurker on this site for a long time -- maybe years. Much too long. Seeing each other in person person made me realize what this is all about.

I hope to do it again soon!

I've now heard directly from several participants in that meetup. Thank you so much for organizing this Dave! Unfortunately, it occurred at a time when I was out of the country. I understand that Dick Woodward was there as well . . . . Thanks to all who participated!

Dave Jensen, Moderator
"One of the most powerful networking practices is to provide immediate value to a new connection. This means the moment you identify a way to help someone, take action." - Lewis Howes
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Postby Dick Woodward » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:09 am

Dave:

I was there, and it was great to put names and faces together. Many thanks to Dave Walker for organizing this!

Dick
Dick Woodward

Next

Return to Science Careers Forum