Subscribe

Forum

Cell/Molecular/Protein Biology Q&A Forums?

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Cell/Molecular/Protein Biology Q&A Forums?

Postby J. Williams » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Dear Fellow Scientists!
My question is not necessarily related to the Science Career advises, but I do not know where else to ask this question, so I'd appreciate if you can help me out here! I have not done bench R&D experiments for the past decade, but now slowly phasing back into designing experiments, literature search, etc. What are the online forums at the present time most frequently visited, and the most actively participated by biomedical lab researchers?, especially where people ask questions related to Cell culture, Proteomics analysis, Mass spec, HPLC, and other molecular biology experiments, then researchers with experience would answer & share their collective knowledge...I used to use this one forum where I got a lot of help, but that site does not seem to attract many visitors any longer. I'd appreciate if you can throw out all such forums that I can explore and choose the most beneficial for my purpose!!

Thanks VERY much in advance!
J. Williams

Re: Cell/Molecular/Protein Biology Q&A Forums?

Postby H.L.F. » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:09 am

You could try asking questions on researchgate.
H.L.F.

Re: Cell/Molecular/Protein Biology Q&A Forums?

Postby Katherine Lee » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:28 am

I second the ResearchGate suggestion.

I have never personally asked a question on this site, but whenever I have googled a question the best answers have come from responses to questions posted on ResearchGate.

I am not sure how quick the turnaround is on that site for answers, though.
Katherine Lee

Return to Science Careers Forum