Page 1 of 1


PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:56 pm
by John D. D,
One reflection that I had:

"Pyramids as an organizational paradigm are such that <1% actively exhaust themselves to achieve a unique position maintained and defined by the other 99%, while the other 99% exhaust themselves with learning to accept and maintain their position within the pyramid."

Re: pyramids

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:01 am
by Peter R.
Is Michael O. Church a taboo on this forum ?

His observation of the employees of the startup companies in Silicon valley shows that there are 3 categories of people. The first category knows that they would not get anywhere within the existing system, and they do not work hard. The second category think that the hard work will give the dividends, and they work hard and long without thinking whether their work results in anything tangible. The middle management is hired from this category. And there is a third category who work smart and bend the rules, and get into the executive positions.

I like this break in categories more.