Subscribe

Forum

Career blocker mentors

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Re: Career blocker mentors

Postby John B. N. » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:37 am

Dear all,

I really appreciate for all your responses. I am glad that you expressed several good points and advices. As Dave mentioned, every situation is different. I need to find a way to go on, and it will be very hard.

First important point was the networking. Thank you to both Daves. But, I assure you that the walls are not only in my head and it is not an illusion. I don’t want to give too specific examples to support my argument.

Craig, you are right, he determined the path that I have to walk. This is the best path for him not for me. That’s just a strategy to maintain the lab. Selecting people very carefully and hold them as long as they are useful by providing them some glorification titles and promises. Then, cut the support and even become an enemy when they leave. .

Nate you are absolutely right. It is clear that even I have the money, I will not the one who controls it.

More or less what I clearly see is; I have to find someone from outside world to back me up and advertise me. Otherwise, I have to return back to my country. I guess I need huge luck.
John B. N.

Previous

Return to Science Careers Forum