Subscribe

Forum

J1 Transfer over a "middle" institute

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

J1 Transfer over a "middle" institute

Postby V.C. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Hello researchers!
Currently I hold a J1 Visa valid for two years without the need to go to my country of origin when it ends. My status is the following: for the second year I do not want to continue with my current university who sponsors my VISA. My question is the following: Can I agree with a new INstitute, which will ask to transfer my VISA, then when the transfer happens to have an offer by a research lab of a company and transfer my VISA again from the middle institute without even having started there and informed them in advance? What problems can be created?
V.C.

Re: J1 Transfer over a "middle" institute

Postby Dave Jensen » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:09 am

This is an extremely confusing post, and I urge the original poster to just write in plain English and describe his or her situation in more detail so that others can provide a response. As it is, I will delete this post in 48 hours if no reply.

"One of the most powerful networking practices is to provide immediate value to a new connection. This means the moment you identify a way to help someone, take action." - Lewis Howes
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Return to Science Careers Forum