Subscribe

Forum

Careers in Science and beyond workshop

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Careers in Science and beyond workshop

Postby Ana » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:04 pm

The days 20 and 21 of October there is a fantastic workshop on Careers in Science and beyond at the University of Porto in Portugal.

It has been organized by a committee of postdocs and the program is excellent. They are sold out, but check it out if you are also a PhD student or postdoc at a university and want to get some ideas for a career workshop.

I'll be a speaker on the second day so if any of those attending reads this forum come and say Hi!

I will be recommending this forum as one of the key tools you should have in your career toolbox as a scientist. My two career transitions, first from academia to industry and then out of industry, would have been a lot harder if I hadn't been participation in this forum for the last 13 years (!). And I'm proud to see how the forum keeps helping scientists make those difficult transitions as Katherine just shared with us.

Ana
Ana

Re: Careers in Science and beyond workshop

Postby Dave Jensen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks for posting that information Ana. I sure wish I could be there -- Porto is one of my favorite cities in the world, and there is such a wealth of scientific talent in Portugal just waiting to be tapped.

Good luck at your talk,

Dave Jensen
"Failure is a bruise -- not a tattoo." -- Jon Sinclair
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Return to Science Careers Forum