Subscribe

Forum

Volunteer Opportunity - Advanced Bioproducts Meeting

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Volunteer Opportunity - Advanced Bioproducts Meeting

Postby Dave Jensen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:54 pm

I thought that I would do Jim a favor and anyone who is interested can reply directly to him about volunteering to help out at ABLC 2017 in Washington DC -- it's a great meeting, focused on smaller companies and large in the bioproducts arena (biofuels, etc).. Please make sure that you mention Dave Jensen of Science Magazine suggested you be in touch to volunteer for this event:

Dear Dave,

Perhaps you or someone you know would be interested in volunteering at ABLC 2017 - students, postdocs, early-career professionals and those in mid-career transition have joined our volunteer team over the years to gain access to and participate in the biggest gathering of the advanced bioeconomy in the US market this year - it's a biofrenzy worth attending, for sure.

Many of our volunteers have gone on to careers in the industry - it's a great way to network and make new contacts.

Volunteers primarily help out at the registration desk and in the main conference rooms, with tasks like timekeeping or getting Q&A cards shuttled to the front, or changing out the cards on stage that identify the speakers. The rest of the time they are free to attend and participate in ABLC 2017, along with the other delegates. We provide a complimentary delegate pass and meals. We don't provide hotel or airfare.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, just click on the link below to indicate an interest, and we'll be in touch quickly with more detail.

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07edtdo74aiz025cso/a01y2iz0l8ju5/greeting

Regards,

Jim Lane
Editor & Publisher, The Digest (jlane@biofuelsdigest.com)
“I shall tell you a great secret, my friend. Do not wait for the last judgment, it takes place every day.” - Albert Camus
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Re: Volunteer Opportunity - Advanced Bioproducts Meeting

Postby Dave Jensen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:34 pm

If anyone got to volunteer at this meeting because of the Forum announcement, please post here or private email me. Either way, I'd like to know. That's because I can do these postings with other meetings and am trying to decide if anyone pays attention. Thanks, Dave Jensen
“I shall tell you a great secret, my friend. Do not wait for the last judgment, it takes place every day.” - Albert Camus
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Return to Science Careers Forum