Subscribe

Forum

AACR 2017, Washington DC -- anyone going?

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

AACR 2017, Washington DC -- anyone going?

Postby Dave Walker » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:06 am

Hello Science Careers board!

Is anyone going to next week's American Association for Cancer Research meeting (AACR)? It starts Sunday, 2APR and goes to Wed 5APR.

I put up a post ever year, but I'm massively late this time, sorry about that! I'll be there with my company; please reply here or send me a Private Message if you'd like to meet up for some networking.

If you are going as a scientist, I very much recommend doing more walking around and talking to people than sitting and listening to seminars. I was guilty of this in the past. The networking possibilities are huge!
"The single factor that differentiates Nobel laureates from other scientists is training with another Nobel laureate." -- Sol Snyder
Dave Walker

Re: AACR 2017, Washington DC -- anyone going?

Postby Dave Jensen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Dave, I hope you have had a productive trip this year to AACR. Thank you for keeping up the tradition, and sorry we couldn't assemble a group of Forum regulars for you to meet. You ought to say hello to the AAAS Science staff while you are in DC -- they owe you one!

Dave Jensen, Moderator
“I shall tell you a great secret, my friend. Do not wait for the last judgment, it takes place every day.” - Albert Camus
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Return to Science Careers Forum