Subscribe

Forum

Don't know what to do in the future...

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Don't know what to do in the future...

Postby BES » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a senior in high school and don't know what I'd like to do as a career. A couple years ago when the idea of "designer babies are the future" arose, I was completely set on doing that, but it seems that level of gene editing will probably never pass the ethical standards in the US. I also thought about pharmacy school but the possibility of dispensing meds to old people at CVS, if you find a job, isn't really what I see as a fun career even with the nice salary.

Currently, I do know I'm looking at either biochem, biotech, or even pharmaceutical science as a major, but I don't know what I would end up doing after graduating. I'd like to be involved in something to do with the human body. Taking all that into consideration,what is the best way to go?

Thanks
BES

Return to Science Careers Forum