Subscribe

Forum

Follow-up after Post-doc interview?

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Postby SV » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:30 pm

Hi All,

I just finished interviewing for a post-doctoral position in some of the top-tier Universities in the US. Now, I am not very sure how to follow-up on these. From the 'vibes', I think all of the PIs are interested in hiring me (again, it's just my gut-feeling!). Should I wait to hear from them or directly ask, "I am interested. Will you hire me"? (I am leaning toward one of them.)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

SV
SV

Postby Kevin Rogers » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:04 pm

What did the PI's say when you asked them about when you would hear ? your did ask right :) ?
Kevin Rogers

Postby SV » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:18 pm

Nick,
To be frank, I did not ask that very last question to anyone I interviewed with!!
SV
SV

Postby Val » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:35 pm

> Should I wait to hear from them or directly ask

There is no harm in asking.

In my experince, if the postdoc employer wants you, he will give you the indication of whether he wants to employ you straight away after the interview -- he does not want you to be snatched up by someone else.

V.
Val

Return to Science Careers Forum