Subscribe

Forum

About Project proposal while changing Field

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

About Project proposal while changing Field

Postby C.S » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:10 pm

From this forum I have learned that some of the best labs would want me to write a project proposal when applying for a post doc position. Now it is obvious that if you are interested in the prospective labs research and have similar research background, you can go through the relevant literature and come up with something concrete and interesting or something that you always wanted to do.
But what if one wants to change the field?
How do I approach this proposal writing when I just want to learn about that new field and I have no experience in that specific line of research?
Can I just tie up my Phd Graduate expertise that would help the project with the new techniques that I would be learning in this prospective lab?
What could be the things that I should consider while writing a proposed postdoc proposal while changing the field?
I would like to have all the suggestions from the forum.
Thanks
C.S.
C.S

Return to Science Careers Forum