Subscribe

Forum

Career options...........

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Postby Janaki » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 am

Hello all,

I did my MSc. Human Genetics in India and am currently pursuing a PhD in Molecular Genetics. I reside in VA/DC. I would be glad if you could advise me on the different career options that I have after completing my PhD. Initially i wanted to continue with a Post-Doc but now due to other personal responsibilities, i am leaning towards jobs in scenitific firms or companies instead of academic institutions. Also, as VA/DC would be my permanent home, it would be great if you could let me know of any internet sources that give information about jobs in and around VA-DC-MD.

Thanks,
JR
Janaki

Postby Patrick P » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:03 pm

Janaki,

I am sorry if I sound a bit negative here. The question you have asked is not only general but also common to this forum. So, dont expect very specific responses. My take would be do an internet search on Maryland bio organization or job sites having info about your area.

My thoughts,

Patrick P
Patrick P

Postby Carl Saffell » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:37 pm

Hello Janaki,

If you are starting to look for jobs in the Washington area, or anywhere for that matter, Science Careers is a great place to start.

I created a link here with jobs around DC. Jobs within 50 miles of Washington, DC.

Good Luck,

Carl Saffell
<><><>
Carl Saffell

Return to Science Careers Forum