University programs for IP-related fields

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

University programs for IP-related fields

Postby Kris » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:53 pm

I recently became aware of a joint degree program from the University of Minnesota that offers a Masters in Public Health or Ph.D. along with a J.D. Is there a list of schools that offer a specifically designed program (not the "create your own degree" route) for the combined science/J.D. degree?

I am also learning about places that offer Technology Transfer internship programs that are similar to 2 year post-docs. John Hopkins and the NIH offer these, but are there other good places to look into?

Maybe the joint degree and TT internship programs are more common than I realize, however I imagine they are not available at most universities.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Return to Science Careers Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: David Lathbury and 10 guests