Subscribe

Forum

Mom continuing Studies

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Mom continuing Studies

Postby Andria Pierre » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:09 pm

Hi there,
I have a B/S degree in Microbiology buthave been unsuccessful finding a job in that field.I decided to teach and have been teaching Elementary Science for 4 years. I recently had a baby and I'm ready to pursue my Masters degree in Biomedical Science. My interest is in Dentistry so I figured taking this route will get me back in the groove. I have taken a Kaplan review course but the information means absolutely nothing if it's not internalized. Do you think I'm making the right decision?
Andria Pierre

Mom continuing Studies

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:20 pm

Andria,

It will be difficult to get any constructive feedback to your post because you don't indicate what your ultimate career objective is. If it is to be a dentist, then not many of us here will be able to provide good guidance. If you want to pursue a Master's and move to the biotech industry, that would probably work well. However, "Biomedical Science" is one of those degrees (like "biotechnology") that makes me wonder "what does that mean?" How about biochemistry?

Good luck!

Andy
Andy

Return to Science Careers Forum