Subscribe

Forum

Bioinformatics experience in pharma company what next?

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Bioinformatics experience in pharma company what next?

Postby Karen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:34 am

Hey everyone i've just finished a six month contract where i worked as a bioinformatics analyst for a multinational pharma company.Prior to this it took me six months after i finished my masters just to get a job working in bioinformatics as all the positions required lots of experience.

I now have experience and have been to a couple of interviews again the same answer of u don't have enough experience so we can't really hire you. The only interest im getting is from recruitment agencies in other aspects such a proposal analyst or project coordinator for a clinical trial.

All of the above positions are fine but i want to work in bioinformatics thats why i did my masters so do i just take the next job whatever it is and keep looking until a position for bioinformatics comes up and i leave whatever job that is or do i hold out and just keep trying even if takes another six months for another bioinformatics position to open up.Is it a waste of my time to take up another non-informatics related position as i won't utilise any of my informatics skills??
Karen

Return to Science Careers Forum