Subscribe

Forum

Medical Device Software Testing

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Medical Device Software Testing

Postby Hugo R. » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:27 am

Although I had graduated with both a BSc and MSc. degree from a very good University of California, I had a very difficult time finding a job in the poor economy of 2001.
I eventually joined a large Medical Device company in a software testing role. Four years and two companies later I still found myself unable to break the \"type-cast\" of medical device software tester. I don\'t know how to program software (nor do I want to learn), and I am not interested in becoming a software quality manager. I don\'t like testing software, yet I can\'t seem to find a job doing anything else.

Does anyone else have a history of this career path and have advice on how they got out of it, or made it more interesting?

I wish someone would have warned me of the dead-end potential of this career path.
Hugo R.

Return to Science Careers Forum