Subscribe

Forum

A note of caution about certain political commentary

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

A note of caution about certain political commentary

Postby Dave Jensen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:37 am

Thanks for keeping this forum focused on a discussion about science careers and job hunting. All of us who work with the forum daily appreciate the interest and enthusiasm shown by our group for the \"one on one\" help that goes out here daily.

May I ask as the moderator that we not get involved in political discussions this year? It will be very hard to not talk about it, and certain kinds of things are still fine that involve the science interface with the political process. But pushing one candidate over another, etc., would be inappropriate. I deleted one post today that appeared to me to be a nasty USA-bashing post. Let\'s try and avoid this kind of thing.

Thanks very much,

Dave Jensen, Moderator
"One of the most powerful networking practices is to provide immediate value to a new connection. This means the moment you identify a way to help someone, take action." - Lewis Howes
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Return to Science Careers Forum