Subscribe

Forum

Your thoughts: would an MBA after MD be useful in Biotech?

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Postby Ale » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:36 pm

I agree with Eric that the question comes up very often and the person asking would need to think about all that list of factors that Eric drafted. COuld we make an entry for the Forum Primer about this?
Ale

Congrats Eric

Postby Matthew » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Maybe I missed something on the forum, but congrats to Eric on the new position.

As someone who moved from a distinctly non-hub region after working in industry there, to a distinctly hub region for my 2nd position, I have to say that both have their benefits. Eric, I agree that there is opportunity born out of the lack of applicants in non-hub regions. Plus, I felt like I knew almost everyone in the non-hub region that I worked in, and know for a fact that I could have switched companies seemlessly there. The hub region I\'m in has a different sort of benefit. Though you can get swallowed by the size of the biotech community here, I am amazed at the number of recruiter calls I field these days. I don\'t think I had more than one at my old company the entire time I was there. There is definitely something to be said for the opportunites for an experienced scientist in SF or Boston.
Matthew

Congrats Eric

Postby Dave Jensen » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Ale said, \"I agree with Eric that the question comes up very often and the person asking would need to think about all that list of factors that Eric drafted. Could we make an entry for the Forum Primer about this?\"

Ale, a good suggestion. I\'ll write it up and give Eric some credit for an addition to the Primer,

Dave
"Failure is a bruise -- not a tattoo." -- Jon Sinclair
Dave Jensen
Site Moderator

Postby Eric » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:18 am

Thanks guys.

AM, I am sorry we kind of hijacked your thread. Did you have follow-up comments/questions?
Eric

Previous

Return to Science Careers Forum