H1 to J1 transfer

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

H1 to J1 transfer

Postby JDD » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:12 am

I have a question related to an H1B to J1 transfer as a research shcolar. I just started a postdoc on an H1B and I had an offer from another lab which I would like to pursue but the institution will only sponsor a J1. I know im not subject to the home residency requirement. Is it possible to transfer form H1B to J1 easily?
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Return to Science Careers Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kim and 15 guests