Subscribe

Forum

Healthcare Careers

Welcome to the newly redesigned Science Careers Forum. Please bookmark this site now for future reference. If you've previously posted to the forum, your current username and password will remain the same in the new system. If you've never posted or are new to the forum, you will need to create a new account.

The new forum is designed with some features to improve the user experience. Upgrades include:
- easy-to-read, threaded discussions
- ability to follow discussions and receive notifications of updates
- private messaging to other SC Forum members
- fully searchable database of posts
- ability to quote in your response
- basic HTML formatting available

Moderator: Dave Jensen
Advisors:   Ana, PG, Rich Lemert, Dick Woodward, Dave Walker
Meet the Moderator/Advisors

Healthcare Careers

Postby Genevieve » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Hello!

I am currently finishing up my last year of undergrad in microbiology and immunology. I am getting to the point where I need to start thinking about applications for grad schools. I have been considering medicine for quite some time, however, I am not sure med school is right for me. I am concerned with the stress levels and length of study required.

I am looking for something that leads to a specific career, which is one of the reasons why medical school attracts me. I have also looked into genetic counselling as well as dietics.

I know for sure that I would like a career in healthcare, and specifically I enjoy working with children. I feel that there are probably many more career options that I am just not aware of. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it so much!

Thanks.
Genevieve

Re: Healthcare Careers

Postby D.X. » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 am

Hi

This might not be the right Forum for you as you are looking towards direct Health-care and not so much science-driven career aspects to include research or application of scientific knowledge there of.

I would propose you identify other Forums that are more geared to Health-care professions where Patient Engagement and patient care is the primary interest.

Try looking at student Nurse, pharmacist, dietician, and genetic counceling forums. Also look at allied health professions such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and physican Assistent I'm sure they have Student Forums there.

All the best,

DX
D.X.

Re: Healthcare Careers

Postby Genevieve » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Oh ok, good idea. Thanks for your help!
Genevieve

Return to Science Careers Forum